Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Oh, hello! I didn't see you there! :)

Hello, and welcome to my utterly fantastic new blog!


I say utterly fantastic, even though I'm not quite sure how to use it yet.


Let's just put that aside for now, shall we?


My name is Ally, and I am a self-proclaimed bookworm. I don't really have to proclaim it myself, though. Ask anyone who knows me, and they'll tell you that I spend way too much time with my face firmly buried in a novel. I'm kind of like Belle from Beauty and the Beast, except I don't live in France. Also, I've never been trapped in a castle with a terrifying-but-loveable beast. Unfortunate, that. I feel like that would be an interesting experience... (OK, back to the point now.)

Anywhoozle, this blog is where I plan to post my musings on the books that I read.

Before I get started posting, you should know that I very, very rarely dislike a book. I can almost always find merit in any work of literature that I happen to be reading. If I do happen to come across a book that I hate, I probably won't even bother posting about it. Therefore, you will find very little negativity on this blog. (Which is good, because I dislike being negative. It just causes general anger. I try to avoid general anger whenever possible.) You also won't find any spoilers, because what I really want to do here is share what I've read and recommend awesome books to other readers like myself. And, if I spoil the book, well, why bother recommending it in the first place, am I right?

You can also find me on Goodreads, here, and on BookMooch, here.


Also, at the end of every post, I'll tell you what I'm currently reading and what I plan to read next, so you know what's coming! So, for now:


Currently Reading: The Portrait of a Lady, by Henry James

Next on the List: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs


There, I think that does it for now! I'll see you when I finish my current book!

Happy Reading,

Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment