Thursday, October 4, 2012

An Equal Music- Vikram Seth

Holy wow. 

An Equal Music, by Vikram Seth, might be one of the few books I've ever read that has left me speechless. 
Like, this is going to be the shortest blog post ever, speechless. 

You do have to have at least some knowledge of music to appreciate this novel. Once you understand that, however, the descriptive prose is absolutely breathtaking. 

This novel is the story of Michael Holme, a violinist, and his long-lost girlfriend, Julia. They have not seen each other for ten years, and, when they finally meet again, Julia, has a husband, a son, and a secret. 

And it goes from there. 

I really can't say anything else about this. Maybe it's because I just finished it, and I need time to process. I probably should have waited a day or two to post, but, wow. It's just... if you have any inkling of musical anything, and you want a book that will take your breath away, READ THIS. NOW. 

Currently Reading: Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons- Lorna Landvik
Next On The List: A Time to Cast Away Stones- Elise Francis Miller

-Ally 

No comments:

Post a Comment